“THE ULTIMATE APPRENTICE GIVEAWAY 2019” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Mitre 10 Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 98 009 713 704) of 19 Corporate Drive, Heatherton VIC 3202. Telephone: 1300 880 440.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over who are currently completing an apprenticeship as at the start date.
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- Promotion commences on 08/07/2019 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on 13/10/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, eligible individuals must visit either https://www.mitre10.com.au/ApprenticesOnly OR https://www.homehardware.com.au/ApprenticesOnly, follow the prompts to the promotion entry form, input the requested details (including but not limited to: their full name, employer’s company name, email address, mobile number, suburb, state, local Mitre 10 store OR Home Timber & Hardware store, the trade they are studying, the year they started their apprenticeship, the estimated completion date of the apprenticeship and the educational provider they are studying with), confirm they are an apprentice and submit the fully completed online entry form so it is received during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, educational provider, employer and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draws will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, Cromer NSW 2099 on 17/10/2019 from 12noon AEDT. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published at https://www.mitre10.com.au/ApprenticesOnly and https://www.homehardware.com.au/ApprenticesOnly from 24/10/2019.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will be divided into two (2) groups depending on the website they used to enter and store selected at the time of entry: Mitre 10 or Home Timber & Hardware. There will be one (1) major prize draw for each group, which will contain all entries received during the Promotional Period for that store (each a “Major Prize Draw”).
- The first valid entry drawn in each Major Prize Draw will win the following prize pack, valued at $4,151.60:
|DLX8016PT||Makita 18V Mobile 8 Piece Combo Kit||$2,049|
|D105V3M||Sutton DRILL SET 25Pce JOBBER Viper HSS 1.0-13.0×0.5mm||$269.00|
|D6230004||Sutton Drill Masonry 3X Cutter Reo Pro SDS + Set 4Pc||$89.00|
|D501SS6W||Sutton Drill Set 6Pce Wallet Spade Bit||$36.50|
|D5140005||Sutton Drill 5 Pce Set Auger Bit 4-Flute. 16, 19, 22, 25, 32Mm||$88.60|
|M8000250||Sutton Cutting And Lubricating Fluid Venom 250 Ml||$20.45|
|H111009C||Sutton Holesaw Set Multi Purpose TCT Carpenters||$245.00|
|H4920005||Sutton Jigsaw T-Shank Set Metal 5Pc||$34.65|
|M8100110||Sutton Ezisizer Gauge Plastic||$9.20|
|S1380017||Sutton Screwdriver Bit Set 17Pce Assorted Insert Carded||$25.25|
|M603S15A||Sutton Screw Extractor Set 6Pce #1 To #6||$95.00|
|N/A||Sutton Tools Heavy Tool Bag (Promotional)||$89.95|
- There will then be one (1) minor prize draw for each Mitre 10 store or Home Timber & Hardware store, which will contain entries received for that store only (as nominated by an entrant on their entry form), with a total of two hundred and twenty-four (224) minor prize draws being conducted for Mitre 10 and two hundred and three (203) minor prize draws being conducted for Home Timber & Hardware (each a “Minor Prize Draw”). For the removal of doubt, the Major Prize Draw winners will be removed from the relevant Minor Prize Draw.
- The first valid entry drawn in each Minor Prize Draw will each win the following prize pack valued at $548.95:
|D105V3M||Sutton Viper 25 Piece Drill Set||$169.00|
BL1830B-L x 2
|Makita 18V Brushless Hammer Drill
Makita 3.0Ah Battery
|RXXLDAC||Ramset Light Duty Anchor Kit 120pcs||$31.00|
|CUAP||Ramset ChemSet™ Universal Applicator||$70.00|
|C101C||Ramset ChemSet™ 101 380 ml Cartridge||$29.95|
- If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take / redeem a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is $242,704.85.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 17/01/2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online at https://www.mitre10.com.au/ApprenticesOnly and https://www.homehardware.com.au/ApprenticesOnly from 24/01/2020.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter may also disclose PI to the Mitre 10 store or Home Timber & Hardware store nominated by the entrant at the time of entry. Any such Mitre 10 store or Home Timber & Hardware store may use the PI for the purposes of carrying out marketing, planning, product development and direct mail, telemarketing and promotional campaigns and for publicity, research and profiling purposes unless an entrant otherwise withdraws their consent to the use of their information in this manner.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/35057 ACT Permit No. TP 19/03451 SA Permit No. T19/888