“THE ULTIMATE APPRENTICE” PROMOTION” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/22975 ACT Permit No. TP18/00498 SA Permit No. T18/438
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Mitre 10 Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 98 009 713 704) of 19 Corporate Drive, Heatherton VIC 3202. Telephone: 1300 880 440.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over who are currently completing an apprenticeship as at the start date. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences on 30/04/2018 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 02/09/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, eligible individuals must, during the Promotional Period, visit mitre10.com.au/apprenticesonly, follow the prompts to the promotion entry form, input the requested details (including but not limited to: their full name, employer’s company name, email address, mobile number, suburb, state, local Mitre 10 store, the trade they are studying, the year they started their apprenticeship, the estimated completion date of the apprenticeship and the educational provider they are studying with) and submit the fully completed online entry form.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, educational provider, employer and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draws will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 06/09/2018 from 12noon AEST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published at mitre10.com.au/apprenticesonly from 10/09/2018.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one (1) major prize draw, which will contain all entries received during the Promotional Period (“Major Prize Draw”), and one (1) minor prize draw for each Mitre 10 store, which will contain entries received for that Mitre 10 store only (as nominated by an entrant on their entry form), with a total of two hundred (200) minor prize draws being conducted (each a “Minor Prize Draw”). For the removal of doubt, the Major Prize Draw winner will be removed from the relevant Minor Prize Draw.
- The first valid entry drawn in the Major Prize Draw will win the following prize, valued at $3,058.80:
■ $800 Mitre 10 Gift Card;
■ 18V 8 Piece Brushless Combo Kit valued at $1,999; and
■ 25 Piece Viper Drill Set valued at $259.80.
- The first valid entry drawn in each Minor Prize Draw will each win the following prize, valued at $628.80:
■ 25 Piece Viper Drill Set valued at $259.80; and
■ 18V 2 Piece Combo Kit (DLX2131X) valued at $369.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
- If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take / redeem a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is $128,818.80.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 06/12/2018 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online at www.mitre10.com.au/apprenticesonly from 10/12/2018.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter may also disclose PI to the Mitre 10 store nominated by the entrant at the time of entry. Any such Mitre 10 store may use the PI for the purposes of carrying out marketing, planning, product development and direct mail, telemarketing and promotional campaigns and for publicity, research and profiling purposes unless an entrant otherwise withdraws their consent to the use of their information in this manner.